The Parade Route will begin on Park Avenue and end on Bridge Street in front of the Catholic Church. Portions of Main Street will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8:00 am and completely close to all traffic at 9:30am. Bridge Street down to Cowboy way will be closed at 9:30 a.m. Entries can begin arriving 8:00 a.m.
Please enter the parade route from Main Street. Parade representatives will be along the route with location information. You MUST be in your assigned spot by 9:30 am. Those entries that arrive later will automatically forfeit their assigned position and will be added to the end of the parade, in front of the horses.
When You Arrive:
- Numbers will be painted on the side of the street coinciding with parade entry numbers.
- When you have found your position, please move your entry to the side of the street with the number immediately, DO NOT BLOCK the center of the street. Parade officials and others entries will use the other lane to move along the line up area.
- Exercise caution while waiting for the parade to start.
- Please make sure all participants in your entry have read the parade rules & policies.
- Please make sure your entry number is visible on your entry.
Staging Area– If you are in a staging area, please remain in the area until you are called upon to line up for the parade. Be courteous to others that may be unloading or dropping off in the same location. If you have a bus or large vehicle that will be unloading passengers, as soon as you have unloaded, it is recommended that you exit the staging area and travel to the pick-up area. (Please see the map for more information). Once you have picked up your unit, you may exit LaBelle via Cowboy Way and Highway 80 or you can return to Barron Park via Main Street where parking is available at the First Baptist Church of LaBelle. The church charges $5 per vehicle or a donation towards their Youth Group programs. To reserve a spot, please contact them at 863-675-2171.
Entries on Hampton Ave & Curry Ave- Due to the changes in the parade this year, side streets in Downtown LaBelle will be used to stage non-float entries (Car, truck, etc). Streets in the downtown area are considerable narrow than main streets. Please find your number and park in the designated spot. Do not block both sides of the street. Emergency vehicles and parade officials will need to be able to travel through them. Once the streets have closed to all traffic, you will be directed to the starting location and motioned into the parade.
During the Parade:
- A staff member will signal your entry into the parade. If you are being held in a holding area or side street, you will be notified when it is your turn to line up and directed where to go.
- Once you have entered the parade, keep a safe car length between you and the entry in front of you. Do not tailgate and do not stop unless directed by parade or emergency vehicles.
- General traffic will not be permitted on the parade route anytime between 8:30 am and 30 minutes after the completion of the parade.
- Please do not remove roadblocks or other traffic control devices along the parade route. If a parade official permits the moving of the roadblock, please make sure it is put back where it was.
- Favors: Tossing items (including candy) from any part of the entry is prohibited on the parade route during the parade. Favors may be handed out by walkers along the edge of the parade route.
- Please be extremely careful of pedestrians and other parade units while moving along the parade route.
- Parade officials will be equipped with communication devices in case of emergencies. They will be wearing green vests for easy identification.
After the Parade:
- Please exit the parade route via Bridge Street. Signs will direct parade traffic to a de-staging area. (Participants will have the option of leaving the flow of traffic at this time to begin the process of loading/unloading or will be able to stay on the route and exit along Cowboy Way).
- Do not block any street with your entry.
- Do not attempt to enter the park with the entry unless you have made prior arrangements with the SCF committee.
- Please be very careful of pedestrians and other entries leaving the parade route as traffic will be quite heavy during this time.
Rules for “Free Roaming Entries”
- Do not interfere with the movement of floats or other entries such as cars, swamp buggies, etc.
- Parade staff, pedestrians, police, and walking units have the right-of-way at all times.
- Limit your speed to 5-10 mph when on parade route unless told otherwise by a parade official.
- Do not traverse the center of the street before or after the parade. The center and adjacent lane are reserved for float and parade staff only.
Other Helpful Information:
- All SCF staff are equipped with communication equipment for emergency needs.
- All parade staff will have a copy of the parade line-up and rules.
The Swamp Cabbage Festival reserves the right to refuse any entry or unit to participate in the Swamp Cabbage Parade for any violation of rules, safety or ethical concerns.